Monday, May 4, 2009

The Nine Lessons...



The Nine Lessons by Kevin Milne

If there's a father in your life who enjoys golf this would make a pretty good father's day gift.

Augusta Witte revisits his estranged father one night after he finds out his wife is pregnant. Full of anger and blame he seeks to take out his frustration with impending fatherhood on the only person who he sees at fault for all the wrongs of his life, London Witte. Augusta's mother died when he was very young and he felt overshadowed by his father's love of golf as opposed to him. The night Augusta shows up at his father's door, London makes a deal with him, meet with him every month for nine months to play a round of gold and each month he will give Augusta a piece of the journal he kept of Augusta's mother, kept on gold score cards.

I found this to be sweet, but kind of overly so. The relationships between Augusta and his father and Augusta and his wife are believable. It came off as kind of preachy to me, so it would make a good gift if you or someone you know likes christian fiction.


I have one copy to give away courtesy of Miriam at Hatchette.

All you need to do to enter is leave a comment.


I have winners to announce!!

The 5 Winners of Charla Krupps

How Not To Look Old

are

NFMGIRL

CHERI2628

JAMIE

CARI

ROBYN


THE 5 WINNERS of ONE DEADLY SIN by ANNIE SOLOMON

ARE

CHRISTI

EM18966

CHERYL

LUVDAYLILLIES

RACHIE


CHICKS-

I'll be emailing you

please respond with your address!


That's it for today!!

READ ON CHICKS!!


10 comments:

Kitten22 said...

This looks nice! Please enter me!

BookCrossingKitten22[at]gmail[dot]com

KR said...

I'd love this.

Thanks!


mj.coward[at]gmail.com

Debs Desk said...

Please include me in your giveaway.
Thanks
Debbie
debdesk9(at)verizon.net

kimz said...

Cool... my dad is a golfer... please enter me.
Thanks!

Jessica said...

Pick me :)

livingthesilverdream@gmail.com

Kelly said...

I'd like to enter, too.
Thanks for the chance!

kellywestlund@yahoo.com

Robynccgirl said...

Hey Amy!! Is that me that won? If so I didn't get an email from you. If not that would explain why right? Just wanted to clarify!

robynccgirl at gmail

Misusedinnocence said...

I would love to read this too! :)

Ashley said...

Hey, you've won an award over at my blog. Come see!

CherylS22 said...

Please count me in - Thanks!

megalon22-at-yahoo-dot-com